Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/aggress7/public_html/slgdivorce.com/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
In a divorce that includes children the parties need a good communication plan. It is very helpful if the parties can agree to comply with the following:
- Each parent shall keep communication with the other parent on a business level.
- The parents shall keep personal attacks out and shall not accuse.
- The parents will establish an agenda (purpose of the call).
- The parents will let each other know the purpose of the call ahead of time.
- The parents will arrange a mutually agreeable time to talk.
- The parents will stick to the agenda.
- The parents will always let each other know they have received a message.
- Messages shall not be ignored — a message ignored is a message not received.
- Parents shall not yell, nag, over-talk, or try to control by silence. (In many relationships one party tries to control by yelling, nagging, over-talking; the other tries to control by silence. This reaction to each other soon becomes a habit.)